Changing the way an organisation works is hard but essential in an age when people expect and demand more from brands.
From recycling and responsible consumption to promoting equality and well-being, corporate sustainability must be based on sound evidence and a thorough understanding of how initiatives will be implemented and perceived by stakeholders. We use our expertise in market research, consultation and materiality assessment to support our clients, enabling them to identify and address global and local challenges.
Areas of interest
We research and consult on an array of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) issues that impact organisations, their stakeholders and our changing world.
Our sphere is anything touched on by the UN Sustainable Development Goals, including responsible consumption, reduced inequalities, and better health and well-being.
Our work towards the goal of quality education, which we began in 2002, is conducted as part of Shift Learning.
Key project types include:
● Materiality assessments
● Stakeholder research
● Public perceptions research
● Sustainability consultations
● Positioning / communication impact studies
● Research to support behavioural change, including recycling and other initiatives
We use our research skills to solve each client’s unique problems, or address information gaps, and every project is different, often involving a combination of the following methodologies:
- Qualitative methods, including focus groups and workshops (face-to-face and online), interviews, online communities, workshops, ethnographic studies, mobile ethnography and Delphi studies with relevant experts.
- eSurveys using a range of techniques, including key driver analysis, segmentation, conjoint analysis and many others.
- Desk research, including media audits, literature reviews and data analysis.
We have many years of experience in speaking with audiences of all ages and backgrounds. We recruit from our own GDPR compliant panel, as well as other reliable data sources.
London Viewing Room
Shift Insight’s market research viewing facility in Islington offers a comfortable environment, addressing the needs of moderators and respondents, in order to carry out successful focus groups or user testing with ease.
We have vast experience in researching digital ideas and testing products with real users. We have the flexibility to offer both face-to-face and online usability tests – allowing for in-depth exploration, as well as collecting wider perspectives.